Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Conversations With A Three-Year-Old

So, here's a little interaction--verbatim--between Sophie and me:

Dad: "Sophie, why is the floor wet here?"

Sophie: "Oh, I'm sorry Dad, but I had a little accident."

Dad: "Why is the floor wet?"

Sophie (matter-of-factly): "Don't you know, water comes out of the sugar bowl."

Dad (thinking "Huh???"): "But you know you're not supposed to have water in your bedroom, don't you?"

Sophie: "Hmm. (Holding her hand up by her face with index finger extended) Speaking of jellyfish...."

At this point the conversation ends because I am no longer able to maintain composure.

Conversations like this are a daily occurence around here. I need to start writing them all down. Actually, recording them all with a little spy video camera attached to my ear would be even better; then I wouldn't have to convince people that they really happen.

3 comments:

ccbook said...

That's adorable, and hilarious! I'd probably bust up laughing myself. I'll bet it's difficult to discipline when you can't even keep a straight face. :)

MyLifeWithTrent said...

Absolutely hilarious! I'm with CC- how do you keep a straight face?!

Supergabesmomma said...

Oh, holy cow! That was awesome. She is so funny!